Thursday, July 12, 2012

What should I REEEEAAAD ?

hi friends,

i am planning a trip to IRELAND and SCOTLAND! and i leave in just over a week. i have not been UK-ward since I studied there in 2002, opting instead to use the travel budget each year to head to different parts of Europe and North America.




what should i load on ye olde kindle?  yes, the good thing about a kindle is this: previous trips my suitcase had to allot plenty of room for numerous books and my travel budget had to include an emergency trip to a bookstore (sometimes even going out of my way to find an ENGLISH bookstore---which was, still fun, because I love bookstores; but i digress ).....


i get goosebumps just THINKING about stirling castle....


i would prefer to read some really fun and juicy historical novels about ireland and scotland.

i have done my share of chicklit and literary fiction and ACTUAL history of these areas; so please do not say JAMES JOYCE! JAMES JOYCE! because i hated ulysses. i did.  don't get it. don't care.....


so......

suggesteth me titles ....



mostly i wanna hang out with these fellas: the highland cows!

...... i also can't wait to be immersed in these amazing accents. seriously: the scotch accent is my favourite in the entire world .... like james from 'sliding doors'

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You should so be taking this opportunity to read some Linda Windsor, I'm just sayin'! ;)

Unknown said...

Also, this post has me wanting to re-read The Theyn Chronicles by Angela Hunt, which I haven't read in AGES!

Teena in Toronto said...

Jealous! I want to go to Scotland!

I love "Sliding Doors"!

Rissi said...

LOL! I was going to say what Ruth mentioned. :-)

I've not read her historicals but I've heard good things about them! I love Susan May Warren's latest historicals but alas they are set in the states.

Hm... why can't I come up with any!?

*thinking*

Aarti said...

Oh, yay! I'm very excited for you! I was in Scotland a few years ago and Ireland a few months ago and they are both lovely.

As to what you should read when you're there, I've not read it yet, but I have had King Hereafter by Dorothy Dunnett on my shelf FOREVER and it's supposed to be amazing, but the book is really big and the font is really small and she is a tough author.

So... maybe I don't recommend it for a vacation?

Kailana said...

I am not sure what to recommend, but I do hope you have a wonderful trip!