Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins ---

RANT:

The Hunger Games/ Catching Fire are turning into Twilight.

you know it. I know it.

Yes, I read them both. Yes, I liked the crafty and refreshing Utopian vibe.


Yes, I think they are a tad over-rated.


If I get one more tweet about this being the release date for Catching Fire or, similarly, one more gush about the book which shows up on my blog feed, I might have to throw something.


I AM JUST SICK OF IT TODAY!


someone talk about something else.

Has ANYONE read ANYTHING else? Is it JUST this book? If so, congratulations, Catching Fire, you have turned into the TTC immediately after the Time Traveler's Wife hit theatres and people seemed to just discover a book that had been around forever.


Was that rant irrational and unfounded with no supporting evidence? pretty much.

BUT THIS IS MY BLOG AND I CAN RANT ALL I WANT


*end rant*

4 comments:

Court said...

Unlike you, I haven't read these books. And don't plan on it because omg so sick of hearing about them.

Rachel said...

I think it is an American thing. Is it an American thing?

methinks.

Kailana said...

Okay, I read them... I didn't love The Hunger Games as much as others, but someone sent me an ARC of Catching Fire and I would have felt bad if I didn't read it. I still don't love them as much as others, but they are better than Meyer. Man, I hate Meyer and TWILIGHT!

My Arthur Slade book didn't arrive! I sent an email and heard NOTHING! So, I am sad.

Jess said...

...I like them.

*ducks*